Why Hurry? (Throwback 002)


Arasi Ibrahim (Anchor)

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.(Lao Tzu)

Many people do things in hurry. They do so because they feel things would be done and accomplished in time. However, it is not always true as things done in haste are things made to waste.

I have a friend who writes very well. He's very good and usually asks me to help proof-read his write-ups before he uploads them. He had given me a work to edit for him. After an hour, he called to ask why I hadn't done the work. I told him, "I'm working on it". He called again after another thirty minutes and I told him the same. I finished the work after an approximate of two hours. He thanked me but added: "I think I now know the reason there are many mistakes in my write-ups". I asked him what's the reason. He replied: "I'm impatient and I do things in a rush".

Things done in a hurry most times have to be redone all over. You can rest assured that what you do more carefully and with less haste will turn out to be good. Let's imbibe a little patience in whatever we do. Remember that you were not made in haste. It took nine months before you were born into this world. Endeavour to do things more patiently and see how much you'll accomplish.
Make haste slowly.

Arasi Ibrahim was an Editor-In-Chief, National Association of Muslim Engineering and Technology Students (NAMETS), University of Ilorin, Ilorin Nigeria.

You Might Also Like

0 comments