IT DAWNED ON ME

Adigun Jubril Gbolahan

Wednesday, 19th June, 2019.
I thought it was about getting promoted to a new class or graduating from school. I thought it was about changing from shorts of the junior secondary school to the trousers of the senior secondary. This thought had flourished in my mind for many years, Today, I hold a Bachelors in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, and those disturbing thoughts still lingers. Surely, I had to find answers to it.
I began to think: In all those years, what made life worthwhile. Was it the numbers on the classes? No! Was it the wardrobe? No! Neither was it the change in lecturers and lecture halls.
I then remembered certain times that I tutored people on some courses and it did work out well for them. I remembered mentoring my younger cousin and his friends when they first got admission into the university. Till today, these people still extend their gratefulness for what I thought was nothing. I had helped in their lives, I reckon.
In all these, I saw that what really mattered was what one had to offer to the society and the impact one made in people's lives.
For truly _It's not about making your presence noticed, it's about making your absence felt._
_it's not about changing something, it's about making a difference._
_It isn't really about living, its about leaving a good legacy.
*Adigun Jubril Gbolahan was the Editor-In-Chief (2014/2015), National Association of Muslim Engineering and Technology Students (NAMETS), University of Ilorin. He is currently a Master's candidate of Software Engineering (University of Tartu and Tallinn University of Technology)*

You Might Also Like

0 comments